Harmattan Related diseases and how to stay Healthy During the period The harmattan season is finally upon up and with it comes some health implications that can lead to sickness if precautions are not taken.
Generally known as a dry and dusty time of the year characterized by a temperature which is cold in most places, but can also be hot in certain places, depending on local circumstances.
3.Sickle Cell Crisis
12.Road Traffic Accidents etc.
HOW TO STAY HEALTHY DURING THE PERIOD :
1. Wear thick clothes to make you warm.
2. Drink plenty water to prevent dehydration.
3. Wash your eyes regularly to avoid red eyes, and wear protective spectacles.
4. Cover your nose and mouth with a mask.
5. Exercise regularly.
6. Use oily creams to keep our skin healthy.
7. Apply lip balms and oily cream to the soles of the feet. This will help to prevent crackings.
8. Reduce exposure to the dust.
If you are Asthmatic, reduce exposure to dirty and dusty atmosphere and always keep the inhaler handy.
10. Wash fruits and vegetables properly before eating.
11. Don’t drink soda, coke and other carbonated soft drinks. They may dehydrate your skin.
Drink hot tea, because it keeps you warm and free of flu.
12. Bath with warm water in the mornings and evenings because it will keep your body warm and free from cold and other flu symptoms.
13. Switch off all electrical appliances after use.
14. Quench naked fire after use.
Wishing you good health during and after this period .