How to Get Rid of a Blind Pimple. Pimples are perhaps the most commonly agreed upon living nightmares. They are unpleasant, ugly and painful. And what’s worse than any a regular pimple is a blind pimple! A blind pimple is usually more extreme than any regular pimple for it formulates deep within the skin, closer to the nerves, thereby possessing a higher potential to cause pain.
Just like any other type of pimples, a blind pimple occurs as a result of over-reactive sebaceous glands, that are present under the skin. This causes the production of excess oil, which results in clogged pores. However, a blind pimple, unlike any other common pimple, does not have a white head. This is because it forms within the skin. Pimples of these kinds generally formulate on the nose, behind the ears, basically anywhere on the face for it is more susceptible to dust and pollution. Usually, they are red in color, small in size, and pus-free. Prodding or poking a blind pimple only increases the risk of infection, which is why you may want to avoid it at all costs, despite the obvious temptation.
Also read : 8 Foods That Will Burn Fats Like Crazy
There are some very simple and basic methods to avoid getting blind pimples at all. Maintaining your hygiene, following a healthy diet, and plenty of sleep and exercise are some easy methods that can go a long way in the prevention of getting blind pimples; and in order to get rid of them faster in case you have them already. There are also some easy-to-follow remedies that can be reproduced at home and are of great aid. Do ensure that you have properly washed the affected area of the skin and patted it dry before using any of the remedies given below.
A warm compress induces more efficient blood circulation. Proper blood circulation produces the optimum conditions for healing by forcing blood to circulate through the pimple’s head. When the head of a blind pimple is forced to open, the infectious fluid that has accumulated within it will come out and after that, the healing begins.
- Dip a soft fabric in hot water and hold it over the blind pimple for a few minutes.
- Keep repeating this process 3-4 times a day so that the blind pimple forms ahead.
- Use a warmed up black tea-bag as a compress. Black tea has tannins present in it which help reduce inflammation.
2 Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil has antibacterial properties which help kill pimple-causing bacteria. It also helps prevent further outbreaks. Additionally, it soothes the skin thereby quickening the healing process.
Tea tree oil penetrates deep within the skin, working like a cleanser, thereby opening up clogged pores.
- Make a mixture of one part of tea tree oil with nine parts of water.
- Take a cotton ball soaked in that mixture and apply it on the blind pimple.
- Leave the solution on the affected area for 10 minutes and then wash it with lukewarm water.
- Apply a light moisturizer for nourishment.
- Repeat this process three times a day.
Note: Tea tree oil needs to be diluted before application to the skin. For sensitive skin, you can create a dilution of the tea tree oil with aloe vera gel, instead of using water.
Application of toothpaste on blind pimples is a fairly common method to get rid of them. The basic properties of the toothpaste neutralize the acidic elements of a pimple. However, for sensitive skin, control the amount of toothpaste you use while application for it contains chemical substances that could possibly irritate your skin.
- Apply a small amount of white toothpaste on the affected area before going to bed. Let it remain overnight.
- When you wake up, wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this process daily until the blind pimple vanishes.
Note: For treating a blind pimple, always use white toothpaste. Most kinds of white toothpaste contain clove oil or mint, which have been scientifically proven to be very effective in reducing the size of pimples, which further alleviates soreness and redness. Additionally, the toothpaste must be applied on for a period of at least 2 hours; regardless day or night.
Honey is known to possess antiseptic as well as antimicrobial properties. These properties work together in order to fight the bacteria that is responsible for causing blind pimples and any other types of pimples. Furthermore, honey quite effectively works as a gentle, deep-skin cleanser. This ensures no scarring on skin types that are prone to Pimples
- Soak a cotton ball in pure honey and apply it well on the affected area. Let the honey rest on your skin for 15 to 20 minutes to allow your skin to soak it up.
- Wash the honey off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this process 3 times a day for effective results.
- You can blend an apple into a pulp.
- Make a mixture of one tablespoon each of the apple pulp and honey in order to make a thick paste.
- Apply the paste on the affected area and leave it on for 10 minutes.
- Wash your skin well with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this process every day to attain effective results.\
Milk is known to contain alpha hydroxy acids, commonly known as AHA. It removes the outer layer of dead skin thereby unclogging the pores of the accumulated oil and dirt. Moreover, AHA has skin smoothening properties that help nourish your Skin.
- Soak a cotton ball with milk and apply it on to the affected area. Leave it on for 10 minutes.
- Wash the area with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this method 3 times a day until the head of the pimple comes out.
- Place a slice of bread in warm milk, and put the soaked bread on a cloth to make a soft material or a poultice.
- Apply the poultice to the affected area for 8-10 minutes.
- Repeat this process twice a day until you get results.
Lemon juice is yet another convenient and easily available method to help get rid of blind pimples. Lemon juice contains citric acid which works as an astringent to dry out pimples. It also works as a cleanser to help remove bacteria and dirt which speeds up the healing process.
- Squeeze one or two lemons into a small bowl to extract the juice.
- Dab a gauze pad in the juice and apply it to the affected area. Leave the extract on for 20 minutes and then wash it off.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times a day for 3 to 4 days to see visible results.
- Make a mixture of one tablespoon each of lemon juice and rose water.
- Apply this solution on the affected area using a cotton ball.
- Leave it on for half an hour and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this method twice a day for a few days till you attain results.
Aloe vera is well-known for its antibacterial properties which can prevent redness, swelling, and inflammation of the affected skin area. Additionally, its healing properties help the body rebuild damaged tissue.
- Take a leaf from an aloe vera plant and slice it in half longitudinally.
- Scoop out the gel-like substance from the leaf using a spoon and apply it to the affected area.
- Leave it on the skin for 20 minutes before rinsing it with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this method twice a day for 1-2 weeks until you get positive results.
Note: Aloe vera gel that is easily available in the market can also be used to replace fresh aloe vera gel in case you do not have a plant at home.
A rather effective, yet not too well-known natural remedy to get rid of a blind pimple is Epsom salt. Epsom salt has anti-inflammatory properties and it is good for easing the pain that arises with the formation of blind pimples.
- Make a mixture of one teaspoon of Epsom salt in one-half cup of hot water. Stir the solution until the salt dissolves completely. Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Soak a cotton ball in the lukewarm solution and apply it on the affected area. Allow the solution to dry naturally.
- Once dried, wash off the sediment with water.
- Repeat this method 2-3 times a day for 5-7 days until the head of the pimple pops out naturally.
9Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is well-known for its tonic action which is highly conducive to blood circulation. Its antiseptic properties inhibit bacterial growth that trigger skin infections and outbreaks
- Dab a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and apply it on the affected area, leaving it on for 3-4 minutes. Do not place the cotton on your skin for too as the acidic property of apple cider vinegar can burn your skin.
- Repeat this process 3-4 times a day until the head of the pimple pops out naturally.
- Add one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to a glass of warm water. Drink this combination before each meal. This will enhance your body’s blood circulation, which in turn inhibits the formation of blind pimples.
Alcohol is a well-known disinfectant. It also contains soothing and cooling properties, which help unclog blocked pores by removing dirt from the skin. As a result, the blind pimple reduces in size and the redness quickly disappears.
- Dab a cotton swab in rubbing alcohol and apply gently on the affected area.
- Leave it on for half an hour and then wash your skin with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this process 3-4 times a day until the head of the pimple pops out naturally.
Note: The rubbing alcohol can be alternated by any kind of alcohol-based cologne.
However, if none of the remedies suggested above works for you, you can always try one of the over-the-counter cleansers and creams for treating pimples that are easily available at any departmental store or pharmacy. If they continue to persist, consult your dermatologist or personal physician for professional advice.