Groundnut soup is one of the favorite delicacies among Ghanaians. It is not only tasty but also healthy. It is a common meal among many people in this country but due to its amazing taste, many individuals around the globe have learnt how to cook it. Continue reading this article to find out how you can prepare groundnut soup.
In this recipe post, we are going to give you a complete step by step guide on how to prepare groundnut soup, the Ghanaian way.
What is groundnut soup?
Groundnut soup or peanut soup is a thick soup usually prepared by cooking peanuts with several ingredients. It is a staple food among African nations especially in West Africa. Often, people prefer eating it with carbohydrates such as fufu in Ghana and pounded yam in Nigeria. For improved tastes, uziza seeds and bitter leaf can be added into the soup. Here is how groundnut soup Ghana is prepared.
Groundnut soup recipe/ Peanut soup recipe
- cup groundnut paste
- 4 pieces medium-sized tomatoes
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 pound meat (chicken, beef, fish)
- 2 litres water
- 3 tbsp salt
- 5 pieces red pepper
Steps to prepare groundnut soup with chicken
- Wash meat thoroughly, chop and place into a clean cooking pot
- Add seasonings and mixture with your hands thoroughly.
- Place over low heat and allow to steam for about 10 minutes
- Turn the steaming mixture from time to time.
- Pour the groundnut paste into a clean bowl and add little amount of water. Mix with your hands and ensure you obtain a uniform consistency. Add more paste of you want a thicker mixture.
- Add the groundnut paste mixture to the steaming pot and stir.
- Simmer for about 5 – 10 minutes.
- Wash onions and fresh tomatoes and add to the mixture
- Once the tomato and onions have boiled for a while, remove them and blend.
- Pour the blended content back into the stock.
- Stir thoroughly
- Allow to cook for 8 minutes
- Add salt to taste .
Originally posted 2021-08-11 13:05:48.