How to prepare Kokonte. You have special guests coming over. What do you cook for them? Perhaps you want to impress your family with a special meal tonight. Try out this simple guide to prepare delicious kokonte and groundnut soup that will make you everyone’s favorite
The method of preparation is similar to that of banku and tuo zaafi. It has a unique brown color which differentiates it from banku, fufu, akple or tuo zaafi.
Kokonte also known as face the wall is sold in local eateries (chop bars) in Ghana and can also be prepared at home.
I am going to give you a complete step by step guide on how to prepare this meal. Stay with me.
Ingredients for kokonte
- Dried cassava flour
- Cooking pot
Steps to prepare kokonte
- Pour two cups of water into a metallic cooking pot
- Place it on the sauce of heat and boil
- Whiles boiling, fetch some of the hot water and set aside.
- Add 2 and half cups of cassava flour to the boiling water in bits
- Stir with the wooden spatula whiles adding to ensure there is no lumps formation.
- Knead the mixture with the wooden ladle to form a thick and consistent paste.
- Continue kneading till you get the texture you need with no lumps.
- When cooked, use a small bowl to scoop and mould into desired sizes.
- Serve whiles hot with groundnut soup or palm nut soup.
- Store the remaining into a refrigerator or food container.
Kokonte or konkonte is mostly taken as lunch or dinner and served with groundnut soup, okro stew, light soup, palm nut soup or ground pepper.
Originally posted 2021-08-11 12:12:51.